Faridabad Shock: 2,900 kg of Explosive Material Seized, Police Suspect Terror Link

Local
Nov 11, 2025
Faridabad Shock: 2,900 kg of Explosive Material Seized, Police Suspect Terror Link
Image Courtesy: x.com

Faridabad / New Delhi — In a breakthrough, police teams have seized close to 2,900 kilograms of suspected bomb-making material from multiple locations in Faridabad, sending shockwaves through the Delhi-NCR region. The raids were carried out jointly by the Jammu & Kashmir Police and Haryana Police after specific intelligence pointed to suspicious chemical storage in the area.

Officials said the seized substance appears to be ammonium nitrate and other components commonly used to prepare explosives. Along with the chemicals, investigators also recovered detonator wires, electronic timers, and a few country-made weapons. Forensic experts have already begun testing samples to confirm the exact nature of the material.

According to police sources, the operation began late last week after tip-offs suggested the movement of large chemical consignments in rented godowns on the city’s outskirts. What started as a small inspection turned into one of the biggest explosive seizures in recent memory. Several people have been detained and are being questioned for their role in transporting and storing the material.

Investigators believe the seizure may be linked to a larger terror module operating across state borders. Teams from central agencies are now tracking money transfers, call records, and cross-border connections to identify the full network behind the stockpile. Senior officials said the suspects appeared “well-organised and well-funded,” and that further arrests are likely in the coming days.

Security has been tightened across Delhi, Gurugram, and Faridabad following the discovery of the incident. Police patrols have been increased near crowded markets, metro stations, and key installations. Authorities have requested that the public avoid spreading rumors and rely only on official updates until the investigation is concluded.

A senior officer involved in the operation said, “If this material had reached the wrong hands, the impact could have been devastating. Thankfully, we acted in time.” The seized consignment is now under heavy guard as forensic and intelligence teams continue their work.

The case has been registered under the relevant sections of the Explosives Act and anti-terror laws. Further raids are expected as the investigation widens.

Related Tags